Saturday, June 6, 2020

How do I get my Blog noticed?

How do I get my Blog noticed?

I have heard about blogging for many years now, but I cannot get anyone to read mine.

Does blogging still exist? 

There was a time when the Internet did not exist and suddenly , poof!  Here it is.

I had to learn many things about it as well as everything about a computer.  It was a great struggle for me so I went to college to learn about computers.   

My children were in high school at the time so they already had a head start. they knew how to turn the computer on and began learning how to download.   I hadn't a clue what downloading was.  Then they talked about uploading.  Now , I was really confused.   Not to mention the catastrophy that would happen if I simply pushed the off button on the computer to turn it off.  

The Internet was the strangest thing in my mind.  What is this thing?  My son explained to me that it was something that connected everything and everybody to the world.  He too, was confused about some things like messaging.   Messaging was a new way of talking to anybody people did not know personally and sometimes they would "pop" up on the screen and say something and he would not know who the were or where they were at or from.   Messaging did not use real people's names so we never knew who we were talking to.  

Messaging over time got dangerous and old.   I used to message people all over the world and I found out that it was not a good thing to do.  


So, later I heard about Blogging.  What a word, Blogging!  I asked about it and most of the people I asked had no idea what it was.   I still do not know anything about it , but here I am doing it.   


I need to understand how to get people to read it and how to make it work for me and I do not want to pay for it.   I am not rich and therefore, I simply want to write a blog and hope it gets noticed because sometimes I have plenty to say and sometimes I have nothing to say.

I am an average person who has a job and nothing more to do except go home, eat and go to bed.   That is pretty average.

I have seen ads for How to Blog, buy my book, here is my website, and hey, none if it is free.  

I have  subjects I could write about.  

Today could be about the Pandemic of Covid-19 AKA Corona Virus.   Then at the same time , protests around the world about the killing of a man who is of color.   

A few days ago there was a 5.5 earthquake here in California.   Wow! that's a lot to talk about in the same month.   

Anyway, I hope that people read this and then I will know if Blogging actually works.

Cheers, until next time,

Heather 


No comments:

Post a Comment