Saturday, April 27, 2024

ONE GOOD MEMORY WITH MY MOMMY

 My mother wasn't the best mother.  she was bad and very evil most of her life.

To me she was kind and loving at times.  I was her special girl or at least she tried to make it seem that way.

Despite her bad ways, she surprised me sometimes when she spent a little bit of alone time with me .  Of course, I wasn't her only child but something about me made her act kindly towards me in a way that she was reaching out to show me she loved me.


I was 14 after we had lived in San Francisco for about a year since moving from Florida.

San Francisco was very different from the small town I grew up in in Florida.  I had never seen a big city and my mother often spoke of growing up in New York and telling us about tall buildings , escalators, buildings and shops everywhere. She talked about Central Park and how it was in the middle of the city.

San Francisco brought many exciting new adventures for all of us to experience.

As we began to get acquainted with and explore all the new places and things to see and do that we never imagined,  were amazed to find out that there was a huge park in the city called Golden Gate Park.  

We found buffalo roaming around a very large , fenced in area in the park.  That was hard to believe, but there they were just walking around living in the park.

There is Stow lake where people can rent pedal boats and row boats and take a row around the lake and see the turtles and ducks.

There is also a Japanese Tea Garden to explore the cherry blossoms and other plants and enjoy a refreshing cup of tea.

The memory I have is of the children's playground in the park where there was a Merry-Go Round that you had to buy a ticket to ride on. this was something new to my eyes. I knew since we were poor that I didn't ask my mother for a ride.  

Instead she surprised me when she bought a ticket for me.  My brothers were with us that day and they played at the playground and seemed content at their play.

My mother watched as I got on one of the horses and she told me to hang on tight to the strap. She said, "Grab the ring as you go around".  I didn't know what she was talking about so I looked around for a ring.  I saw what she meant when I noticed the other children reaching out to grab a ring off of a pole.

I don't know why they have rings to grab, I guess it was to have a fun ride and have some kind of a challenge. 

The little things she did with me probably made her a little bit happy.  She did seem happy that day just to see me on the Merry-Go-round.  I smiled and laughed as I rode and she waved each time I passed by her.  I waved back each time.

Just a little bit of happiness with my Mommy. A nice memory of her when we lived in San Francisco.


1 comment:

  1. mom loved their kids all in difference ways !

    ReplyDelete